Consistently ranked as one of the best resorts in Central and South America, the Turtle Inn is a beautiful sea front hideaway on Belize’s southern coast sandwiched between the Garifuna settlement of Seine Bight and the Creole fishing village of Placencia.
The Turtle Inn has been a true labor of love for owners Francis Ford Coppola and his wife Eleanor. This beach side refuge was swept away by Hurricane Iris in 2001 and since then, the Coppola’s have created this magnificent resort full of natural wonders compete with amazing luxury style.
The Turtle Inn is a fabulous place to sit back and relax but if your getaway calls for a more adventurous flair be sure to take advantage of their amazing Exclusive 7-Night Package, perfect for experiencing the many wonders of southern Belize.
What this Exclusive 7-Night Package includes:
– 7 nights in one of their luxurious Balinese-inspired Seaview Cottages, with complementary cocktails upon arrival. Each cottage features artisan-crafted furnishings, screened porch to enjoy the tropical sea air, Japanese bath and a private walled garden with outdoor shower.
– A full day Snorkel Trip where you can explore the exotic coral species. Placencia is a premier spot for snorkeling and depending on the time of year you visit you may be able to catch a glimpse of the majestic whale shark.
– A full day wildlife boat excursion to Monkey River. This is a great way to observe howler monkeys, tropical birds, crocodiles and many other wildlife species. With the accompaniment of a guide you’ll also get to hike trails though the rainforest to view families of howler monkeys and end the adventure with a traditional Creole lunch.
-A Full day Cockscomb Jaguar Reserve Tour. This is the only Jaguar reserve in the world and is also home to over 300 species of birds.
– The option of either a ‘Lubaantun and Rio Blanco Falls Tour’ where you can see excavated Maya ruins or a ‘Nim Li Punit and Blue Cree Cave Tour’ where you can swim though the cave and explore stalactites and crystal like formations.
– All breakfasts, lunches, and 5 dinners are offered giving you the option of trying some local cuisine in the village. If you choose to stay on-property, you may dine a-la-carte at one of Turtle Inn’s three restaurants: The Mare Restaurant where fresh seafood and traditional Italian cooking come together, The Gauguin Grill which is their beach front restaurant serving fresh seafood accompanied by Balinese-inspired sauces and Auntie Luba’s Kitchen, Turtle Inn’s own authentic Belizean diner.
– And finally this package includes a roundtrip flight from Belize International Airport to Placencia Airport with transfers to Turtle Inn.
Belize is a truly magical country and a visit to Turtle Inn will surely be a trip to remember and leave you longing to return to again. And when you book your stay though Kiwi Collection be sure to mention the package name.