You needn’t be a TSA agent to look inside the luggage of a fellow traveler. First to unzip a bit of what they’ve packed is moi, your Passport blog editor. And this bag is bound for the award-winning Whistler Blackcomb Ski Resort (psst, it’s been dumping in B.C.), a fave weekend getaway of mine.
1. Mindy Kaling’s Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? – There’s a lot of testosterone floating around the ski hill. I like that. It’s a nice break from the shopping mall scene. But sometimes all that “broing out” gets to be a bit much. That’s why after turn down service, I turn to Mindy. Her book is a nice ‘n’ easy, funny read for a mini-break. Bonus side effect: people overhearing you laugh out loud in your room might draw the party to you.
2. Granted toque – “Toque”, do you know that word? If you’re not from Canada, chances are you won’t. It’s our term for a warm, knit winter hat that may or may not have a puffy ball on top. The Vancouver brand that made this one combines traditional knitting methods with nontraditional patterns (palm trees on a wool sweater makes perfect sense, no?).
3. YSL Touche Éclat concealer – Equally important to having a pen with ink in it, is this pen to erase those dastardly dark circles under the eyes. It’s my trick to looking relatively well-rested after a late night at Buffalo Bill’s.
4. Community hemp parka – Both down-filled and water-resistant, I’ve found this the perfect parka for a wetter West Coast mountain like Whistler Blackcomb. The fact that the fabric is hemp, well, that’s actually perfectly Whis too, if you catch my drift. Point tokin’, right?
5. Kiehl’s Creme de Corp lotion – Cold air means dry skin for me, and this luxurious lotion is my very favorite. If I don’t bring a lotion that I deeply love traveling, I completely forget to use lotion at all. And that’s a dryin’ shame for anyone who has to shake my hand at the end of the day.
6. Tretorn Aspelina boot – Like the parka, these insulted duck boots are well-suited to the crazy coastal weather. Unlike the ubiquitous Ugg, they stay dry and keep my toes toasty.