Singapore celebrates National Day on Sunday August 9, 2009. If you’re going to be in town, you’ll get to see fireworks, parades and all sorts of National Day events.
Event Details for the 2009 National Day in Singapore:
• National Day in Singapore is on August 9, 2009.
• The Floating Platform at Marina Bay is this year’s venue for the parade and show.
• This year’s parade starts at 6 p.m.
• People who don’t have tickets to see the eents can catch the military contigents marching through the City Hall area (the Padang at St. Andrew’s Road).
National Day 2009 Fireworks in Singapore:
• Fireworks will launch near the Floating Platform at Marina Bay at the end of the parade and show between 8 and 8:30 p.m. If the weather is bad, the parade and fireworks will be rescheduled to take place on August 15, 2009.
• Best places to view the fireworks are the Merlion Park or One Fullerton area.
• Best places to photograph the Singapore 2009 National Day fireworks are: The Esplanade Bridge, Marina Boulevard, the waterfront promenade outside the Esplanade Theatre.
Want to View the Fireworks from a Luxury Hotel in Singapore?
Some of the best places to see the fireworks for National Day 2009 in Singapore are Singapore’s top hotels. Not only are they perfectly situated to give guests a great view of the fireworks, but they’re the most luxurious places in town and make for an excellent place to celebrate such an important day!
Known for its spectacular views, the festivities take place on a platform right on front of the hotel, so you won’t get a better seat!
In fact, this grand hotel is having a few special promotions just in time for the festivities.
First, guests should be aware that if they stay for two consecutive nights, the second night is 50% off!
Also, the best room to see the fireworks from is the Deluxe Marina Bay View Room as this room will face the parade and fireworks. The room rate for is $1200 SGD (or $830 US). Guests can check in on either August 8 or August 9 to take advantage of the promotion.
Alternatively, the Ritz-Carlton, Millenia is offering a package on August 1, which is the date of the full dress rehearsal for Singapore’s National Day. See the fireworks and parade early by staying in a Deluxe marina Bay View Room for $400 SGD ($280 US). The package includes breakfast for two adults and two kids too!
Close to the water, you can get a great view of the Fireworks from The Fullerton Hotel as well on Singapore’s National Day. A historical, grand hotel right in the heart of Singapore, The Fullerton is a perfect base camp for any luxury traveler, either wanting a great holiday in Singapore or a good business trip.
The Fullerton is basically close to everything: great shopping, great nightlife, the business district, you name it! And, of course, it’s close to the water, which is why it will be an excellent spot to see the fireworks.
Guests who book the Fullerton Hotel in Singapore through Kiwi Collection can take advantage of our special relationship with them. Get a complimentary upgrade to the next room category (excluding suites) when available!
Guests can also enjoy a special package offered only to guests who book the hotel through Kiwi Collection. Stay for one night in a Heritage Room and enjoy an American buffet breakfast for two at Town Restaurant, a one way arrival limousine transfer and Straits Club access for two!
We recently featured a hotel review of the Fullerton on the Jetsetter!