A trip to Italy requires a serious packing plan of attack. Whether you intend to truffle hunt in Tuscany or shop Armani in Milan, here’s a list of must-take travel essentials so you can do as the Romans do.
10. Forgiving pants for unfettered indulgence at San Crispino Gelateria.
9. Dog treats for a chance encounter with Valentino’s brood of pampered pugs.
8. Knockout black dress for cavorting around the Trevi Fountain à la Sylvia in La Dolce Vita.
7. A light sweater so as not to be scolded by the Vatican guards for breaking the “no bare shoulders” dress code.
6. Hand lotion to keep fingers well lubricated as you talk like the Italians do. After all, gesticulation is the second language.
5. Cross-body swing bag to help carry your passport and cash, and also to keep your hands free should you need to wrap your arms around the waist of a charming moped driver.
4. Oversize sunglasses and a copy of La Nazione for feigning disinterest during some clandestine Clooney and Canalis reconnaissance around Villa Oleandra and Locanda dell’Isola.
3. Ferragamo flats. For there is nothing bellissima about getting your heels caught in the cobblestone lined streets of Florence.
2. Teeth whitening strips so you can slug back bottle after bottle of Chianti Classico and still smile confidently at the opposite sex.
1. An Italian-English dictionary, for translating “I wish nothing more in life than to share this last strand of spaghetti with you, my little zucchini blossom.”
Congratulations to M.E. who’s comment submission is the winner of three nights stay at Grand Hotel Tremezzo in Lake Como, Italy! Stay tuned for next month’s contest where we’ll be giving away a dream prize to a tropical island…