This Valentine’s Day, forgo the typical (red roses, teddy bears) and opt for the out of this world. Here’s a list of 10 romantic date ideas guaranteed to set your paramour’s heart a-flutter:
1. Spend three nights in a rooftop suite with a private deck and plunge pool overlooking blue Caribbean waters (complete with champagne toast) at Viceroy Anguilla. Ease into the day with a couple’s massage at the Spa. Sup and sip the night away with a three-course dinner and bottle of vino. What a winning glow you’d get.
2. Steam up in a natural Japanese onsen (a.k.a. hot spring) in Japan’s country side. We heard most onsens apply a no clothing rule. How convenient.
3. Find a cozy spot on your lover’s lap in the Lapland region of Finland to watch rare blue-hued Northern Lights undulate across dark skies. Cold hands, warm heart, right.
4. Take up an afternoon cooking class in the culinary capital of Paris and learn how to make a souffle. Then devour the goods over candlelight. Oui, oui, oui.
5. Zoom over beaches and glide through rain forests on a zip-lining tour in Costa Rica. Look out for white faced monkeys and colorful toucans native to the area.
6. Skate around iconic Wollman Rink in New York’s Central Park. Hold hands, watch your cheeks turn rosy red, follow with a healthy helping of hot chocolate.
7. Bicycle along the rolling vineyards of Napa Valley. Get buzzed off life. That, and your fourth glass of Chardonnay.
8. Salsa under the stars in Sao Paulo, Brazil with the help of a few pitchers of sangria and a live band.
9. Dress up in your nautical blues and whites and spend the day sailing the sparkling Mediterranean Sea. Pack a picnic to share during sunset.
10. Spend the day in New Orleans building a Habitat for Humanity house together. After a rewarding hard days work, unwind with the locals and dance zydeco underneath the stars. Afterward, settle down with a midnight snack of hot beignets dusted with powdered sugar and black coffee. Oh, and don’t forget to kiss the powder off your honey’s nose!
Congratulations to Megan Torres who’s date idea submission is the winner of the Viceroy Anguilla Romance package.